Assessment of job satisfaction among the senior staff nurses working at Sadar Hospital, Naogaon, Bangladesh
Keywords:assessment, job satisfaction, senior staff nurse, Sadar Hospital, Naogaon
This study aimed to examine nurses? job satisfaction at Sadar Hospital, Naogaon, Bangladesh. It also examines the relationships between nurses? assessment, satisfaction, attitude, and practice with respect to job satisfaction. The descriptive cross sectional study design was used to explore the job satisfaction among the staff nurses. Total number of nurses working in this hospital was 121. A total number of fifty nurses were recruited into this study in order to overcome non-response subjects. The age group 30-39 years were 40%, 40-49 years were 46% and 50+ above were 14% nurses. Male nurses were only 6% and the female were 94%. Marital status single 12%, married 80%, widow 8%. Muslim nurses were 58%, Hindu 38% and Christian 4%. Academic qualification of them was SSC 66% and H.S.C 34%. Professional qualification was Diploma in Nursing /Diploma in Midwifery 92%, B.Sc. in public Health Nursing 6% and MPH 2%. Length of service 1 to 10 years 22%, 11 to 20 years 50%, 21 to 25 years 24%, 31+ years 4%. Regarding maintaining therapeutic relationship; facing problem in duty; keeping records; receiving complicated patient; attend in duty time; maintaining aseptic techniques; maintaining work; carryout admission and discharge the results for all above questions were 100% yes. But regarding satisfy to give care 30% respondent were not satisfied; whole for job salary 68% nurses were not feel enough and remaining 32% were satisfied. Again in case of promotion to the next post most of the respondent 16% were satisfied and 84% were not satisfied.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. December 2016, 2(4): 611-615
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.