In-vitro cytotoxicity and antioxidant property evaluation from methanolic extract of Cuscuta Reflexa flowers
Keywords:Cuscuta reflexa, cytotoxicity, scavenging, reducing power, anti-oxidant
This investigation is made upon the plant Cuscuta reflexa, the flowers of it, to find out its Cytotoxicity property. The anti-oxidant property of this plant part was investigated using methanol extraction. Methanolic extract of Cuscuta reflexa.Was used to evaluate its cytotoxicity in Brine shrimp lethality bioassay where vincristine sulphate was used as standard drug. In Brine shrimp lethality bioassay, LC50 value of the extract was 36.72?g/ml and vincristine sulphate served as the positive control showed LC50 value 10.51?g/ml. So, compared to vincristine sulphate, it is evident that the methanol extract of flowers of Cuscuta reflexa was cytotoxic. In case of anti-oxidant the scavenging power (IC50) of DPPH radical was 29.26, 17.07, 18.29, 19.55 and 54.87?g/ml respectively.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. June 2015, 1(2): 285-291
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.