Yield and grain dimensions of T. Aman rice varieties as influenced by date of transplanting
Keywords:date of transplanting, variety, phenology, yield, grain dimensions.
A field experiment was carried out at the Agronomy Field Laboratory, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, during June 2013 to December 2013 to study the yield and grain dimensions of transplant aman rice varieties as influenced by date of transplanting. The experimental factors comprised of two factors namely, date of transplanting and variety. Date of transplanting comprised of 18 July, 19 August and 18 September. The variety comprised of Binadhan-7, BRRI dhan57, BR11 and Bashiraj. The experimental field was laid out in a split plot design. Most of the yield parameters were significantly affected by the date of transplanting. The yield and yield contributing characters were highest at 19 August transplanting and lowest at 18 September transplanting. Variety had significant effect on most of the yield and yield contributing characters. BR11 gave the highest grain yield (4.47 t ha-1) and the lowest value was obtained in BRRI dhan57. Among the grain dimensions, Binadhan-7 with 18 July transplanting gave the highest grain length (9.64 mm) whereas BR11 with 18 September transplanting gave the lowest value (7.82mm). Results showed that yield components were highest at 19 August transplanting and after that the reduction occurred at 18 September may be due to low temperature and short day length at flowering stage.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. September 2016, 2(3): 442-450
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.