Establishment of reference ranges for Serum Leptin and C-Peptide using enzymelinked immmunosorbent assay method: a preliminary report
Keywords:reference ranges, Leptin, C-Peptide, ELISA, Dutse, Nigeria
Reference ranges (RR) or Reference Intervals (RIs) are very important values for accurate interpretation of clinical laboratory test results. Any test result that is not accompanied by a valid RR value is less informative and may not be interpreted correctly. However, reference values of most analytes for Nigerian population are not readily available. The present study aims at establishing reference values of Serum Leptin and C-Peptide for Dutse, Jigawa State. In a cross sectional study, eighty (80) reference individuals were recruited. Serum Leptin and C-Peptide were analysed using ELISA methods. Following an accepted guideline, population specific reference intervals were established for these analytes and found to be 3.13ng/mL to 14.09ng/mL for Leptin and 0.56ng/mL to 5.64ng/mL for C-Peptide, respectively. Populations sharing similar physical and socio-economic characteristics may adapt these intervals if validated and considered suitable for their laboratory methods
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. September 2016, 2(3): 483-487
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.