Effect of tulsi (Ocium sanctum) leaves extract as a growth promoter in broiler productio
Keywords:tulsi leaves extracts, growth promoter, broiler, weight gain
This study was conducted to determine the efficacy of tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) leaves extract as a growth promoter in broilers from January to June 2013 under Dept. of Pharmacology, Bangladesh agricultural University, Mymensingh-2022, Bangladesh. Fourty number of day old broiler chicks were taken and after seven days divided into two groups A and B. The B group was supplemented with tulsi leaves extract @ 1ml/litre in drinking water. Weekly observations were recorded for live body weight gain up to 5th weeks and blood test was performed at 17th and 35th days age of broiler to study hematological changes between control A and treatment B group. No significant difference in hematological changes was observed in both treatment and control group in 1st week of age but significant change in body weight gain was observed on 35th day. They are 1500 g (control) and 1650 g (treated). The cost of production and economic study was carried out and it was observed that net profit in control group was 5.33 T.K/Kg broiler and in treatment group was 13.33 T.K/Kg broiler. Bacterial sensitivity test was positive in case of Escherichia coli and produced zone of inhibition 0.5 cm and other was negative.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. June 2017, 3(2): 226-232
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.