Quality of hospital services in 5S-KAIZEN-TQM implemented secondary level hospital: a cross-sectional study
Keywords:quality, hospital services, 5S-KAIZEN-TQM, secondary level hospital
This cross-sectional study was conducted with an objective to find out the quality of health care services in 5S-KAIZEN-TQM implemented two secondary level hospital in Bangladesh. The study participants were the service receiver’s whose age more than 15 years and those who were attended at 100 bedded Narsingdi General Hospital, Bangladesh. The period of the study extending from January to December 2016. Data were collected from 50 service receivers through face to face interviews using a semi-structured questionnaire. Out of 50 respondents, half (50.0%) of the service receiver was ≤ 25 years in which maximum (74.0%) were female. More than half of the respondent’s monthly income was less than 20000 taka. In this study, half (50.0%) of the respondents stated that they were waiting for 15-30 minutes, 60.0% patients stated that the doctor had concentrated to patients during treatment and more than two-third (68.0%) of them performed physical examination. A vast majority (90.0%) of the patients said that the doctor gave the explanation of prescribed drug. More than three-fourth (76.0%) of the respondents replied that they were satisfied on receiving the nursing services and rest of them (24.0%) were not satisfied. The present study findings stated that less than two-third (64.0%) of the respondents said that safety and security system was very good. On the other hand, 64.0% of the respondents were satisfied about cleanliness of the hospital and 88.0% had satisfied about ambulance service. Maximum of the respondents (88.0%) were satisfied on water and sanitation facility and more than half (54.0%) of the respondents were satisfied on electricity supplies in the hospital. In this study, majority (88.0%) of the respondents were satisfied on lab investigation facilities and 72.0% of the respondents were satisfied on drug supply and radiology and imaging services. 5S could be applied to health-care facilities regardless of locations. However, the evidence base on its applicability in such settings is limited, and further research is required in this area.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. September 2017, 3(3): 335-340
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.