Egg quality parameter of Naked Neck chicken and commercial layer strains in Bangladesh
Keywords:egg shape index; egg weight; albumen weight
Egg quality parameter is important for determination of egg quality, grading of egg and pricing. To conduct this study, 50 eggs of Hy-line Brown, 50 eggs of ISA Brown, 50 eggs of Saver-579 Brown and 50 eggs of Novogen Brown and 50 eggs of Naked Neck were collected from different poultry farms of Sylhet. Egg shape index (ESI) of Hy-line Brown, ISA Brown, Saver-579, Novogen Brown and Naked Neck were 78.86±1.24, 78.85±0.5, 78.45±1.20, 81.43±1.56 and 76.85±0.92 respectively. Egg weight of Hy-line Brown, ISA Brown, Saver-579, Novogen Brown and Naked Neck were 62.48±1.54g, 61.89±1.2g, 61.41±1.47g, 64.76±1.37g and 37.45±1.2g respectively. Yolk weight of Hy-line Brown, ISA Brown, Saver-579, Novogen Brown and Naked Neck were 18.09±0.62g, 18.26±0.29g, 19.33±0.32g, 19.73±0.21g and 15.12±0.48g respectively. Among the different strains/breed, Novogen Brown has the highest value and Naked Neck has the lowest value for ESI, egg weight and yolk weight. So that the grading value of Novogen Brown has the highest among other strain/breed. Future research is necessary to see the internal egg quality parameter (albumen index, yolk index, Haugh Units (HU) and yolk colour) of different strain/breed, which will help for grading of egg.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. September 2020, 6(3): 514-518
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.