Applications of the Internet of Things (IoT) for Developing Sustainable Agriculture: A Review
Keywords:Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Farming, Sensor.
By natural process, the world population will in-crease day by day. In rhythm, the tendency of the food will also be rising. So, it is a great challenge to supply food and increase its availability for the huge amount of people of the world, which helps to fulfill their fundamental civil rights. Nowadays, many agriculturedependent countries are fully dependent on the orthodox agriculture process. To develop such types of conditions, people should attract to modern cultivation practices. In the modern era, the Internet of things (IoT) is an optimal solution for preventing such types of challenges. IoT can connect with neoteric agriculture technology. Byusing this technique, farmers can directly connect themselves and control their felds and monitor their feld environmental conditions from anywhere around the world. By the use of unique forms of sensors, models, strategies, and technologies farmers can collect much real-time information and it helps a bearer to increase his productivity of farming. The goal of this paper is to reconsider some very recent works on smart and prompt agriculture processes. In this review paper, we have spoken about the techniques, and methodologies and summarized the state-of-the-art literature. We also made a comprehensive discussion and profound analysis of those recent works. Finally, we have given some future suggestions about smart farming techniques based on our discussion and analysis.
GUB JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, Vol 8, Dec 2021 P 7-16
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Green University of Bangladesh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish in the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering agree to the following terms that:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering the right of first publication of the work.
Articles in GUB Journal of Science and Engineering are licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND License Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This license permits Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Copyright and Reprint Permissions
- Individual contributions contained in it are protected by the copyright of Green University of Bangladesh.
- Photocopies of this journal in full or parts for personal or classroom usage may be allowed provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and the copies bear this notice and the full citation.
- Copyright for components of this work owned by others must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted.
- Specific permission of the publisher and payment of a fee are required for multiple or systemic copying, advertising or promotional purposes, resale, republishing, posting on servers, redistributing to lists and all forms of document delivery.
- Subscribers may reproduce a table of contents or prepare lists of articles including abstracts for internal circulation within their institutions.
- Permission of the Publisher is required for resale and distribution outside the institution. Permission of the publisher is required for all other derivative works, including compilations and translations.
- Except as outlined above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, such as electronic, mechanical, photocopying, magnetic recording or otherwise, without prior written permission of the publisher.
- Permissions may be sought directly from the office of the executive editor of GUB Journal of Science and Engineering through E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsibility for the contents of an article rests upon the author(s) and not upon the editor or the publisher. Therefore, on responsibility is assumed by the publisher for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, product instructions or ideas contained in the material herein.