The Impact of Neutral Enzyme on Jute-Cotton Blended Denim Fabric
Keywords:Scouring, Garments Wash, Neutral Enzyme, Denim, Jute-cotton Blended Denim, Eco-Friendly, Sustainability
Garments washing is the process of altering the aesthetic look, luxury, fashion, and comfortability of a garment after it has been manufactured. Most garments nowadays go through many washing processes before being sold in retail outlets. As denim is one of the most adaptable fabrics available today, the aesthetics may be reinvented in an infinite number of ways through garments washing techniques. Because of the rough and stiff nature of jute fiber, it is not currently used as a popular material for garments manufacturing. A sustainable option may be possible by using jute and cotton blended fabric in manufacturing. Moreover, enzyme is a naturally occurring product. Therefore, the product is environmentally friendly. In a washing bath, the enzyme functions as a catalyst to hydrolyze fiber, soften the fiber surface, and decrease pilling. The experiment was conducted on a 70 percent cotton, 30 percent jute blended fabric with a weave construction of 2/1 twill. The goal of this study is to observe how an industrial enzyme wash affects a jutecotton blended denim fabric. For this investigation, neutral enzyme was used. Finally, the raw and washed samples was compared in terms of physical parameters such as EPI, PPI, GSM, warp strength, and weft strength. This research may unlock a way for enzymatic treatment on jute cotton blended denim fabric.
GUB JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, Vol 8, Dec 2021 P 24-28
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Green University of Bangladesh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish in the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering agree to the following terms that:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering the right of first publication of the work.
Articles in GUB Journal of Science and Engineering are licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND License Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This license permits Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Copyright and Reprint Permissions
- Individual contributions contained in it are protected by the copyright of Green University of Bangladesh.
- Photocopies of this journal in full or parts for personal or classroom usage may be allowed provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and the copies bear this notice and the full citation.
- Copyright for components of this work owned by others must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted.
- Specific permission of the publisher and payment of a fee are required for multiple or systemic copying, advertising or promotional purposes, resale, republishing, posting on servers, redistributing to lists and all forms of document delivery.
- Subscribers may reproduce a table of contents or prepare lists of articles including abstracts for internal circulation within their institutions.
- Permission of the Publisher is required for resale and distribution outside the institution. Permission of the publisher is required for all other derivative works, including compilations and translations.
- Except as outlined above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, such as electronic, mechanical, photocopying, magnetic recording or otherwise, without prior written permission of the publisher.
- Permissions may be sought directly from the office of the executive editor of GUB Journal of Science and Engineering through E-mail at email@example.com.
- Responsibility for the contents of an article rests upon the author(s) and not upon the editor or the publisher. Therefore, on responsibility is assumed by the publisher for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, product instructions or ideas contained in the material herein.